Applications are invited for an experienced Media Adviser.
The Media Adviser will have primary responsibility for managing communication strategy including local and national media, on-line communications and digital campaigning.
The duties of the position include: media monitoring, speechwriting, drafting media releases, establishing and maintaining relationships with journalists and key stakeholders, social media, content development and design, identifying and responding to issues within the Canberra community and Defence portfolio, and continuous campaigning.
Applicants should possess the following skills and experience:
• Previous experience in media or public relations
• An understanding of the political environment, government and parliamentary processes
• Strong interpersonal skills and a proven track record in stakeholder and issues management
• Knowledge of the Canberra electorate
• Excellent oral, written and visual communication skills
• Experience using Adobe Creative Suit, or other design software
The position is offered under the Members of Parliament (Staff) Act 1984 and conditions are outlined in the Commonwealth Members of Parliament Staff Enterprise Agreement 2012-2015.
The position is based in Canberra.
A salary of between $62,895 and $73,431 will be determined commensurate with relevant skills and experience. In addition, an allowance of between $3,797 and $18,988 is payable in recognition of, and as compensation for, reasonable additional hours of work.
A probationary period of three months will apply.
Applications including a writing sample and the names of two referees should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5pm Friday 22 January 2016.
For more information, please contact Madeleine Firth at email@example.com or 6293 1344.