What could your community group or organisation do with up to $20,000?
Expressions of interest for round four of the Stronger Communities Grants program are now open.
The program asks Members of Parliament to recommend between $2,500 and $20,000 for projects that improve community participation and contribute to the vibrancy and viability of the electorate. The grant can fund up to 50 percent of total project costs with your organisation providing the other 50 percent either in financial support or in-kind donations.
To find out if you are eligible, see the Grant Guidelines.
Who can apply?
Applicants must have an Australian Business Number and be one of the following entities:
- A local government agency or body as defined in the grant guidelines
- A not for profit organisation that is a legal entity. Your not for profit status must be demonstrated through one of the following:
- A current Australian Charities and Not for profits Commission’s Registration;
- State or Territory incorporated association status; or
- Constitutional documents or articles of association that demonstrate the not-for-profit character of the organisation
- A trustee on behalf of a property trust with responsibility for a community asset.
What is the process for applying for the grant?
There are four stages to the application process, so please read the details carefully.
Stage 1 – Completing an expression of interest
The first stage is to complete an expression of interest form.
Return the completed form and any supporting documents to email@example.com by Friday 14 September 2018.
Please note: If you do not submit an expression of interest, you cannot make an application at a later date.
All expressions of interest will be assessed by a community panel to ensure the criteria are met. You will be advised the outcome once a decision has been made.
Stage 2 – Being invited to apply for the grant
Successful expressions of interest will be invited to complete their applications online.
You will have until 5.00pm Thursday 11 October 2018 to complete your application.
Stage 3 – Application approvals
Completed applications will be assessed by the Stronger Communities Grants team.
Stage 4 – Receiving your money
Approved applicants will be notified by the grants team and given information on entering the agreement and receiving the money.
Want to know more?
If you have any questions please call Drew on 6293 1344 or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org